University Museum & Art Gallery, The University of Hong Kong

Description

The University Museum and Art Gallery (UMAG) is conveniently located at the main entrance of The University of Hong Kong on Bonham Road. The museum is housed in the Fung Ping Shan Building and the lower three storeys of the T T Tsui Building. The Fung Ping Shan Building was donated to The University of Hong Kong by Mr Fung Pingshan in 1932 for a Chinese book library.

In 1953, the building was converted into the Fung Ping Shan Museum of Chinese art and archaeology. With its extension to the T T Tsui Building in 1996, the Museum changed its title to the "University Museum and Art Gallery". The new wing of the Museum was built with a generous donation by Dr T T Tsui and was officially opened in November 1996. Since its inception in 1953, the UMAG has received continuous support from donors, artists, collectors and the University. Its collections have grown to over one thousand and eighty items of Chinese antiquities, notably bronzes, ceramics and paintings.

Location

90 Bonham Road
Pok Fu Lam Hong Kong Island
Hong Kong SAR China

22.283656208385, 114.13913011551

University Museum & Art Gallery, The University of Hong Kong

90 Bonham Road
Pok Fu Lam
Hong Kong Island
Hong Kong SAR China

Resource Types
Art Media